Fannie Mae Green Rewards
Fannie Mae Green Rewards is a multifamily green loan program. This popular mortgage gives incentives to multifamily borrowers who make apartment buildings and cooperatives more energy efficient. Investors using Fannie Mae’s Green Loan financing platform qualify for lower interest rates and higher proceeds.
- Portion of proceeds must finance energy-saving upgrades
- Energy and water use must be reduced by at least 30%
- Improvements must be completed within 12 months
- The cost of the Energy Audit is reimbursed by Fannie Mae
Green Rewards is a great option for investors looking to re-position older apartment assets. Using a value-add strategy, investors can renovate and retrofit older properties and reduce water and energy use. Because operating expenses are reduced, NOI increases along with overall property value.
- Preferred Pricing – Lower Rates
- Up to 5% More In Proceeds
- Up to 80% LTV
- Min. Loan Amount $750,000
- Fixed & Adjustable Rate Options
- Non Recourse Available
Green Preservation Plus is a Fannie Mae Green Loan designed specifically for Affordable Multifamily properties. Green Building Certification is designed specifically for properties that already possess a Green Building Certification recognized by Fannie Mae. Regardless of which program you choose, Energy Star reporting is required.
As LEED Certified Green Associates, we are uniquely qualified to guide you through the Green Loan process. We work hand-in-hand with our clients to ensure the lending process is smooth and hassle-free.